Development of multi-layer abrasive diamond vacuum brazed tools
At present, most vacuum brazed diamond tools are single-layer vacuum brazed products, and the life of single-layer vacuum brazed diamond tools mainly depends on the wear resistance of single-layer diamond. If the diamond wears and destroys one day, the life of the saw blade is about to end. Therefore, to further improve the life of diamond saw blades, multi-layer diamond vacuum brazed tools must be developed.
Process advantages of vacuum brazed diamond saw blades
Diamond is a special elemental carbon whose crystal structure belongs to the equiaxed face-centered cubic system. The bonding bonds between carbon atoms in diamond are sp hybrid covalent bonds, which have high binding force, stability and directionality. The unique crystal structure enables diamond to have the highest hardness, rigidity and excellent wear resistance, corrosion resistance and chemical stability in nature. The excellent physical and mechanical properties of diamond determine that it is an ideal raw material for making saw blades for hard and brittle materials, and is widely used in the processing of hard alloys, engineering ceramics, optical glass, semiconductor materials, granite and other hard and brittle materials.
Vacuum brazed diamond saw blade refers to the vacuum brazed connection of solder that can produce chemical reaction with diamond abrasive and metallurgically bond with steel substrate to make diamond abrasive and saw blade with high efficiency, long life and good processing quality. At present, diamond abrasives and saw blades used in production are generally made by sintering or electroplating processes. The abrasive grains are only mechanically embedded and embedded in the binder layer, and the holding force is small. It is easy to cause the abrasive to fall off prematurely due to insufficient holding force, which reduces the service life of the saw blade. On the other hand, in sintered and electroplated saw blades, the abrasives are randomly distributed, the exposed height of abrasive particles is low, and the chip space is small, which is prone to adhesion and blockage of abrasive chips during grinding, which reduces the processing efficiency of the saw blade.
Due to the above-mentioned defects of sintered and electroplated diamond abrasive saw blades, its application in some fields is greatly restricted. Therefore, in the 1990s, the research work of using vacuum brazed technology and selective cloth technology to make diamond abrasive saw blades was carried out. After more than ten years of unremitting efforts, the problems of low abrasive holding strength and random distribution of abrasives have been fundamentally solved. , The developed series of vacuum brazed gold mesh stone saw blades show excellent performance unmatched by sintered and electroplated diamond saw blades in some application fields.
Why choose vacuum brazed diamond saw blades
(1) High bonding strength, with the help of high temperature vacuum brazed chemical metallurgy at the interface of abrasive, solder and matrix has high bonding strength, the thickness of solder bonding layer only needs to be maintained at 20% to 30% of the abrasive height. It is level enough to hold the grit firmly in heavy-duty, high-efficiency grinding that no other blade can match.
(2) The abrasive exposure is high, usually reaching 70% to 80% of the abrasive height, so the saw blade becomes sharper, and the grinding force and grinding temperature are significantly reduced.
(3) The chip holding space is large, which becomes more abundant due to the high abrasive exposure, and it is not easy to cause the failure of the saw blade due to chip clogging.
(4) The utilization rate is high and the service life is long. The abrasive on the vacuum brazed saw blade can generally be fully utilized to more than 70% to 80% of its own height, except for a very small part of the abrasive.
(5) High structural strength, it is the only high-efficiency grinding wheel that can be safely used in ultra-high-speed grinding from 300 to 500m/s to 1000m/s.
(6) Optimal arrangement, using the optimal arrangement of abrasives technology, realizes the optimal arrangement requirements of single-layer (multi-layer) abrasives including end face, cylindrical surface and arbitrarily complex special-shaped surface saw blade, and can meet the needs of industrial scale production .
(7) It has environmental protection significance. Using high-temperature vacuum brazed instead of electroplating to make diamond abrasive saw blades can completely get rid of electroplating, which is a heavy pollution burden, and meet today’s requirements for green and clean manufacturing.
(8) The performance of production equipment and raw materials is good, and the production technology is advanced, which can produce high-efficiency, large-scale and stable production.
In a word, compared with traditional sintered and electroplated diamond saw blades, vacuum brazed diamond saw blades have the advantages of long service life, high processing efficiency and good processing quality. The vigor and vitality of the company has added a new technological and economic growth point.