Evaluation of wire saw performance for cutting steel
There is no unified standard for the evaluation of the performance of diamond wire saw cutting steel. to evaluate the cutting performance of the wire saw. These indicators are all statistical averages. Relevant researchers tried to evaluate the cutting performance of wire saws from a microscopic and theoretical point of view, and to study the sawing laws of diamond wire saws, including bead wear and tear. The diamond edge condition, etc., and the sawing performance of the wire saw is evaluated through relevant indicators.
Wear patterns of diamond wire saws
In the process of sawing metal by wire saw, diamond will wear and fall off in various forms. The researchers have systematically studied the wear morphology of diamond, and quantitatively determined various diamond forms. Divide the various wear patterns of diamond into: initial exposure (exposed from the binder), complete (the height of the edge is higher than the initial exposure and not broken), polished (with a smooth plane), micro-broken (≤1/3 ) Semi-broken (1/3~1/2) Completely broken (≥1/2) and falling off in seven wear states. Generally speaking, the newly exposed, complete, and slightly broken states are favorable for cutting; the ground, semi-broken, completely broken, and detached states are not conducive to cutting.
In addition to the relatively large changes in the diamond state in the early stage of sawing due to the factors of initial cutting edge and grinding stone, the various wear patterns of diamond in the later stage of diamond wire sawing of steel tend to be flat, that is, the wear state is relatively stable, and the diamond shedding rate is relatively stable. The latter remains between 20% and 25%.
Diamond cutting height on wire saws
The height of the diamond beaded edge not only affects the efficiency of the wire saw cutting metal, but also affects the service life of the wire saw, which in turn affects the cost of the entire wire saw. It is larger, which is beneficial to the cutting of diamond; moreover, due to the high height of the beading edge, it shows that the relative working time of diamond is longer, which can improve the life of the wire saw. In order to maintain the diamond at a higher cutting height, the matrix is required to have a better grip on the diamond, and the wear rate of the matrix and the diamond is required to be matched. By tracking a single diamond abrasive grain, it is found that when the bead diameter is 8.7mm from the wear to the diameter of 8mm, the change law of the diamond edge height with the process of sawing steel, as described below. The diamond wire saw beading edge height changes less. Since the edge of the diamond is gradually exposed, the average value of the maximum edge value to characterize the edge height of the diamond can more truly reflect the edge height of the diamond in the cutting state; while the newly exposed or semi-exposed diamond, because they are not Participating in cutting cannot truly reflect the cutting edge height of diamond.
Wearing law of beads of diamond wire saw
The wear of the beads in the diamond wire saw is uneven in the process of cutting metal. Therefore, in production, the early wear of the beads can be used to calculate the life of the wire saw by calculating the cutting area per unit wear.
History of Diamond Wire Saw for Cutting Metal
The application of flexible cutting tools has a history of more than 100 years, and the earliest use is the improved spiral steel wire used to mine marble mines. In 1968, the British invented the patent for the diamond wire saw, and about ten years later, the technology was introduced in Italy for marble mining and began to be used commercially. Electroplated diamond beads were used at the time. In the early 1980s, sintered diamond beads were manufactured by powder metallurgy technology, and later they were successful in metal sawing. In 1990, a four-axis diamond wire saw cutting machine based on CNC technology entered the market, and diamond wire saws began to be used for cutting. Steel with complex shapes injects infinite vitality into architectural decoration. In 1997, Italy developed a number of diamond wire saw cutting machines. In 2001, the University of Hannover in Germany developed a diamond wire saw for cutting metal components.
After decades of research and development, diamond wire saws have developed rapidly. Beaded wire saws have been perfected day by day, becoming a mature, common and mature technology accepted by stone mines and metal processing plants in various countries. As the third generation product in the development of diamond tools, diamond wire saw has been widely used in various projects after more than 20 years of research and development and improvement. This is mainly because it has the following advantages:
(1) The equipment is simple and easy to install. It is not limited by the site and space, and can be cut in horizontal, vertical and inclined directions, with good processing quality, low stone loss, fast cutting speed, low noise, low vibration, and good working environment. Strong adaptability, diamond wire saw equipment of different specifications and sizes can be selected according to the sawing object and working conditions.
(2) Significantly increase the block rate of stone mining and protect precious stone resources.
(3) It has good flexibility, is not limited by working size and can be used for special-shaped processing of steel. It can process granite and marble special-shaped products of various shapes, and its added value is high, which can significantly improve economic benefits.
(4) Large blocks of blocks can be mined to increase the specifications of finished materials, thereby increasing the specifications of sheet products of advanced stone processing equipment, and improving cutting efficiency and economic benefits.
(5) Safety and environmental protection, wire saw mining has no noise and no dust, does not affect nearby residents and other work operations, and has a high degree of automation, separate control, low labor intensity and high safety for workers.